Friday, May 10, 2013

Short and Sweet - Pelee May 10




Teamed up with Barb Wire and David "Squid" Bell for some epic birding at Pelee today. Huge numbers of White-crowned Sparrows, Orioles, Buntings and Least Flys moved in - but where were the warblers?!?!

Time is short and internet is rare: an update -


WEATHER - the forecast is changing and I can't keep up! Best I can say is - Amazing things happen in May on any given day. Might as well get out.


All pics in todays post taken today (as per usual) 



Birds today:  We had damn good luck!

Self Found Goodies:

EURASIAN COLLARED DOVE - one flew over D. Bell and I at Hillman Marsh in the evening - like, right overhead. My 369th species for Ontario. We were darn excited.

Summer Tanager - adult male reverse at the tip early.

Prothonotary Warbler - see above

Clay-coloured Sparrow - see above

Yellow-breasted Chat - I'm claiming as a found, even if Dave found it. I was there I tell ya!

Long-billed Dowitcher - 1 at the cell in the evening. Didn't stay long.




Good Lookin Summer Tanager in flight! 



Other twitchies - Willets (1 at Hillman, 1 at tip), Little Gulls, Lesser Black-backed Gulls. E Screech Owl, Whip-poor-will etc.

21 Warbler species self found today.... Not too shabby for a fun lazy day of birding...



Anyways, sleep time!








No comments:

Post a Comment