Thursday, May 9, 2013

Pelee snaps from May 6

Yeah yeah, a little late - I know.....


I didn't post an update from May 6 - but I have all these terrible pictures I feel the need to share! I figure, who doesn't like to look at bird pics - right?!

The star of the day: adult Laughing Gull at the tip



Hearing it call was awesome... 



---------


Other quick record tip pics: 


These two Little Gulls seem to get along quite well... 


Glaucous at the tip was cool.. 


Them rare pelee WW Scoters


Lark


8 Gull species on the day at the tip 

======================



It was mega-slow, so Dave Bell and I (and others) did a marathon parking lot sit to kill some time.. This adult RSHA was a really unusual bird for Pelee in May: 





Some other "parking lot sit" pics - note none of these pics depict any rare raptors: 





Slow day at Pelee but still fun!





No comments:

Post a Comment