Thursday, May 23, 2013

Patch birding! For real! - May 22




May 22, 2013 - I could hear the chip notes of warblers out my condo window all morning... In heavy fog... I checked nearby Edgelake Park for 20 minutes prior to leaving for work (wasn't too late!)... Here's what I had:

(From my ebird checklist! My *complete* ebird checklist! woot!)



Stoney Creek--Edgelake Park, Hamilton, CA-ON
May 22, 2013 7:15 AM - 7:40 AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.0 kilometer(s)
Comments:     Quick walk around the park (single loop) before work in heavy lake fog
27 species

Ring-billed Gull  X
Caspian Tern  1
Warbling Vireo  2
Red-eyed Vireo  3
Northern Rough-winged Swallow  1
House Wren  3
Swainson's Thrush  2
Wood Thrush  1
American Robin  X
Gray Catbird  2
Cedar Waxwing  25
Tennessee Warbler  1
American Redstart  8
Magnolia Warbler  4
Bay-breasted Warbler  2
Yellow Warbler  8
Chestnut-sided Warbler  4
Blackpoll Warbler  2
Black-throated Green Warbler  1
Wilson's Warbler  1
Chipping Sparrow  3
Song Sparrow  3
White-throated Sparrow  1
Northern Cardinal  3
Red-winged Blackbird  X
Common Grackle  2
American Goldfinch  X


==============

Getting 9 species of Warbler in 20 mins (30 seconds from my front door - in a migrant trap) was freakin awesome! (Along with the other migrants)..

Will try and figure out my new patch birds sometime soon. There are several in this list alone...




My patch - edgelake park is that sweet little woodlot right in the middle.


No comments:

Post a Comment