Friday, November 29, 2013

Condo Birding Update - Stinky



Condo birding has been stinky for the past several weeks... Straight up... So much so, I haven't really even kept track (or even watched that much).

I do remember a few Peregrine Falcons... Always love those crazy birds...

The doldrums started to show some life on the 28th of November though!!! I scored a Glaucous Gull, and then a female KING EIDER - feeding/preening/sleeping pretty close to shore with a decent sized group of Goldeneye... My 5th King Eider for the condo!


Speaking of condo... Nov 24th marked my 1 year anniversary of moving in! Things seem to be going pretty darn well so far - other than the fact it STILL looks like an 80yr old lady decorated... Sooner or later I'm going to have to do something about that...

In celebration - I've updated and uploaded my patch list..

http://peregrineprints.com/ind__patch.htm

Ended up at 183 species for the first year... Not too shabby! Especially when you consider the limited time I've actually been home - and the even fewer times I've actually gone outside and walked around.... I'm missing a few goodies like American Tree Sparrow and Blue-winged Teal (for example) so hopefully 200 won't be terribly hard to reach (although likely not until spring).

---

A few things that I HAVE been enjoying recently at home include the sunrise/sunsets. Some examples -





Here's looking to a few great "late season" birds when I get home from BC !




No comments:

Post a Comment