Tuesday, November 12, 2013

A Painted Bunting in my Office!


Boy I'm getting old... I thought I'd have some exciting gull news (either Niagara River - or go try and find that possible/probable GLAUCOUS-WINGED freakin Gull in Sarnia... I did neither, and went to work.. BOO)...

Now all we're stuck with is filler...

===============

This is old news for me, but "new" news for those who have read the recent OFO news. Back in early January I found a Painted Bunting in my office - delivered from the ROM - and collected from project FLAP in Toronto.

Long story short, the little bird hit a window in Toronto in May 2007 and spent 5.5 years in limbo before eventually ending up back at the ROM where it belongs! Link to my story here:

http://peregrineprints.com/zzzz_Holden_2013_PABUstory.pdf

(I probably should have copied in colour, but meh)...


Makes for a good little story and I decided to do a quick write up for OFO News... Also a good bit of easy blog material! ;)


(Did not look like this bird - from Long Point in 2004) 

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully this fine discovery can still be useful for people to study long into the future even after such an extended time in limbo.

    ReplyDelete