Friday, November 22, 2013

Elegant Tern photographs from 600m away!



Yes, another cosmic-super-mega to view on the "far side" of the river... Here's hoping the next one is on "our side" !


I present to you, Elegant Tern photographs taken at roughly 600 meters.... Yes, they're ugly...
















Which I've uploaded to my "unusual ontario birds" website page here - 



==============


Afterwards my Dad and I did a quick check of the river... 


Control Gates - 4 Lesser Black-backed Gulls

Above the falls - (very low water) - 1 Glaucous Gull, 3 Lesser Black-backed Gulls

Adam Beck - 4 Iceland Gulls, 1 Lesser Black-backed Gull, 1 juvenile BLACK-LEGGED KITTIWAKE (my foy).


8 Gull and 2 tern species? Not too shabby at all for a half-days birding in mid/late November!


==============

Next post will be my Netitishi sightings rundown! BUT i'll have to warn you now - there are no alcids or tubenoses involved...

No comments:

Post a Comment