Monday, May 12, 2014

Pelee!!!!! May 11th, 2014 (Flyday)



Things got all flipped upside down at Pelee today!


It was a very good day of birding, with scattered birds throughout the park. A lot of "goodies" were around with people seeing Cerulean, Chats, Prairie, Hooded, Prothon etc. A few Summer Tanagers in the mix and everyone was happy...

The big highlight of the day (for me) was the morning reverse migration. Here it is:



YOWZERS!

A new bird for me for Ontario! #376 or #377 for me, depending on who you ask. It was really spectacular. Thanks to the Tropical Birding guys who found all the goodies today. It didn't end there - 


Western Kingbird! This one was up a lot higher, but still awesome!


Two great Flycatchers in one reverse migration. It was actually pretty slow, but who cares!? I'm thinking Monday (today) and Tuesday look like they could be AMAZING (which means, there is a chance they'll be dead) - but I know one thing, I will NOT be missing those days!!!

A few more pretty birds from today to close this out, before I sleep. 







1 comment: