Thursday, May 8, 2014

Pelee May 7th - very good - yet not quite...



I'm a bit tired, so I'll have to keep this post short... I had massive hopes for wednesday, and had to settle for a darn good day. Just no major drop of birds!


Radar from Weds early... The rain hit at just the wrong angle and time. We had lots of new migrants, but the numbers didn't materialize (eg/ not thousands upon thousands) 


Lots of FOY for me...

Cape May
Black-throated Blue
Redstarts
Trails Flycatcher
Black Terns
Hummingbirds

(I don't remember them all)... 


There was lots of Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, Least Flycatchers, Common Yellowthroats, Baltimore and Orchard Orioles, and maybe more Yellow Warbs... As the major species of the day...

Some highlights include Acadian Flycatcher, Hooded Warbler, and probably something else... Look - birds! 







All photos from today!!!


I thought there was an 80% chance today (weds) was going to be truly amazing. The rain messed it up, and (as stated) as all happily settled for a very good day...

For tomorrow (Thursday) - I think there's a 95% chance it will be truly amazing. The silly rain is still pressing on the doorstep, and could throw a wrench in last minute (it's currently raining and storming) - but I really think we'll have a LOT of fun tomorrow...

Time will tell!

Oh - Michigan had Long-billed Curlew, White-faced & Glossy Ibis, Tricoloured Heron, Swainson's Hawk and Says's Phoebe on Wednesday - along with a White Ibis in Minnseota... I think monster rares are moving with this sytem! Let's hope it pans out for Ontario!!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment